Buying the right clothes for your curvy figure can be tricky. After all, most of the regular brands don’t have enough sizes and there are very few that specialize in plus size clothing. In this post, we will talk about styling and fashion with regards to plus sizes. These are the things you need to know, regardless of the size you wear!
1. First things first, don’t wear black because it makes you look thinner. While the concept itself isn’t bad, it’s passé and doesn’t make much sense anymore. Instead, look for colors that really flatter you and are trending everywhere, including pastels, pinks and even stripes.
2. Don’t wear loose or ill-fitting undergarments. Look for a size that fits you, and if required, go to a good store and ask their sales staff to help you. There are so many different kinds of bras and panties that are meant for plus size women.
3. Don’t fit in. The right outfit will fit you, and not the other way around. Make sure that you try brands that make women plus size clothing in particular. If you are ordering online, you can always order two near sizes to find the one that accentuates your curves.
4. Invest in shapewear. Shapewear doesn’t only reduce your body size to some extent, but also helps in toning the body, so that you can wear the best dresses without that protruding belly. The sizes can be different, so take a close look at what might fit you.
5. Say no to body shaming. People are entitled to their opinion, and there is no harm in seeking help from others who may know more about fashion. However, do not encourage anyone who makes fun of your body type or shape.
1. Don’t wear clothes that are baggy. A better idea is to go for a fitting session. Just buy a size larger than yours, and you can choose to get it styled according to your needs.
2. Choose your materials wisely. If you aren’t comfortable with the material, you will feel unhappy the whole time. Unless it’s an occasion, stick to natural fabrics to the best possible extent.
3. Go for accessories. There are all sorts of accessories in the market, depending on what you need. Invest in handbags, statement jewelry and other things like stoles and scarves that never go out of fashion.
4. Buy nice heels. Heels add an element of height, which can make your legs look slimmer. You might want to go for wedges, which are more comfortable, but make sure that you have a pair of high heels too.
5. Lastly, get yourself a few good dresses. Dresses don’t really go out of fashion, and you will find all sorts of options, depending on what you like to wear. Go for cold shoulders, polka dots, stripes and pastel shades that are really in vogue these days.
Style your closet today, and you can always thank us later because we made it easy!